Breast Shape, Size And/or Need for a Lift?

My PS has recommended Natrelle Inspira (low plus, round) N-SRLP 440g (Allergan silicone gel). My pre-op breast photos were done on Vectra machine. My concern is that my breasts will still an oblong shape pointing downwards. My PS suggested the low profile implant because it has a wider base that will give me the best fill and slight raise in my nipple position. My breast width is 13 cm, B cup/ 34 inches across, 5"8 and 140 pounds. Please provide any further recommendations and feedback!

Selecting the Best Size Implant for Your Body

+1

Thank you for your question about fine tuning the right implant choice in your circumstances. Unfortunately a choice of that nature is best done in person, rather than by the numbers. Numbers and measurements are part of the decision process, but it is important to assess skin quality, breast thickness and density and your personal goals for the outcome. If you are really worried about making a bad decision I recommend you have another visit with your surgeon, rather than end up dissatisfied.

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Breast Shape and Size #breastimplants

+1

In my opinion sizing a patient for implants can be simplified. Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is, right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the shoe size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only thing you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

+1

It is hard to answer your shape question without seeing photos. 

At that volume, I would probably recommend a moderate  profile so that the implant is no wider than your breast. My USA catalogue doesn't have the same implants that are available in Canada, but it looks like the low profile would be quite a bit wider than 13 cm. 

Posting photos would help. All the best.