Best Breast Reduction Technique & Nipple Placement? (photo)

Hi, Im 21 years old 5'2 118 lbs and 32DDD breasts. I want to reduce to a B or very small C at most. My chest has always overwhelmed my frame & has caused pain/self esteem issues. Ive been researching techniques & read that some breast reductions result in "bottoming out". Which technique would be best to avoid that situation & for me? Also wondering if 45% breast tissue above nipple, 55% below nipple and 20 degree angle of nipple position is a method that is followed/included in procedure?

Preventing Bottoming Out in Breast Reduction

+1

A superomedial pedicle preserves the tissue of the breast at the top and inner part of the breast - the cleavage area.  Thus, this tends to prevent the bottoming out.  As far as the rest of the breast shape, almost anything can be sculpted.   Find a board certified plastic surgeon with the best credentials to perform the surgery.

Breast Reduction Technique

+1

Large breasts can restrict your lifestyle and cause a variety of medical problems. Even drastic weight loss won't result in more than negligible shrinkage. Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the contour of the breasts so that they are smaller and perkier. Any type of incision for a breast reduction will leave a scar, but there are ways now that are minimal scarring and give a pleasing, perky result. I commonly use a minimal incision technique (Le Jour), eliminating the need for large scars while providing a pleasing breast contour and shape that is proportionate to the patient’s body. This Le Jour technique can now be used on a wide range of sizes and results in a perky, conical breast that many women find desirable. The resulting incision from this procedure looks like a lollipop with the incision around the areola and down to the fold in the breast.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast reduction techniquei

+1

Thank you for the question. There are different breast reduction technique and I agree with you that some can result in bottoming out. As for the areola, it is usually reduced in size during surgery and lifted to a higher level. What you need to determine is what you want be after surgery. Cup size is not the most accurate way to describe the amount of breast tissue need to be removed. It is the close discussion between you and your plastic surgeon and checking the before and after photos will help you and your surgeon to determine how much tissue to remove. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Best Breast Reduction Technique

+1

There are many options in breast reduction techniques. The 3 most commonly used are the bi pedicle, inferior pedicle, and superior pedicle techniques. Best to be seen IN PERSON to understand the risk/benefit ratios. 

Breast Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. You look like you would benefit from breast lifting / reduction surgery.  I ask my patients to provide "goal photos" so that I will know what they are wanting to achieve with surgery.  It is difficult to know exactly what a "c cup" means to a patient.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Ask to see before and after photos and sometimes you can meet actual patients.