Am I a good candidate for endoscopic tummy tuck w/hernia repair? (Photo)

I have about a 3 finger diastasis, not much loose skin and been told hardly any fat on my belly so I'm not interested in a full tummy tuck...do I appear to be a good candidate for an endoscopic tummy tuck w/hernia repair? Are there any doctors in Vancouver who do this? I'm having a hard time finding any!
Please click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Diastasis repair without skin removal

+1
Once the diastasis and hernia are repaired, you will have bunched up loose skin in the middle of your tummy. Not a good look. I believe you need a 'designer' tummy tuck - shorter incision than usual tummy tuck, longer than a mini with muscle repair. You are long-waisted and your belly button already low. I would not do a float because your belly button will lie low near your pubis. It is possible that after skin elevation, trimming and redraping the navel can be reset in its original position

Endoscopic tummy tuck and hernia repair aren't the best answer for you.

+1
You are very lean but you do have a fair amount of extra skin below your belly button.  Also, your belly button is pretty low.  If you were my patient I would either do a full abdominoplasty or possibly a mini-abdominoplasty with an umbilical "float".  If you do not have skin removed and tightened, I think you will be disappointed.  Make sure you consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Also, make sure you are done with child bearing!  Good luck.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Am I a good candidate for endoscopic tummy tuck w/hernia repair?

+1
When the hernia and diastasis are corrected you will have more loose skin.   Find an expert with great reviews and before and after pictures.