A Groove in my Chin when Pout Lips? (photo)

I have a silastic chin implant 9days ago. When i pout my lips, my left side chin will pit, like a groove. When I relax my lips, it doesn`t show. this groove in my chin will show whenever I shewing the food. Why this happen? what can I to fix it?

Chin Augmentation Deformity When Chewing/Pouting Lips

+1

With out an exam the etiology of your problem is unclear. It may be due to a mentalis muscle injury or the nerve that innervates it. This type of injury is most common when using a intraoral (lower lip) incision) and least common when using a submental incision. At this point it is too early to tell. Close follow up with your surgeon is very important.

Groove in chin following chin implant

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. The skin "groove" is clearly noticeable form your picture. The groove may have been caused by detachment of the mentalis muscle during the placement of the chin implant. It is difficult to tell if this will improve or remain. My advice for you is to address your concern with your plastic surgeon and keep all your follow up appointments. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD