Vampire Lift - Regenplasma; Just as Effective and Long-lasting as Other Fillers?

Is this procedure just as effective and long lasting as regular fillers such as Teosyl, Restylane, Perlane, etc? What are the prose and cons of this procedure vs the regular fillers?

“Vampire Lift”: A Catchy and Deceptive Marketing Term

+2

“Vampire Lift” is just a catchy and deceptive marketing term. A Regen Plasma (Selphyl) - Vampire Lift involves injecting platelet rich plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood as a filler. PRP has been used in other surgical procedures with claims of less bruising, less swelling and faster healing, but yet to be scientifically proven, as an advancement and long term benefit in aesthetic regenerative procedures. Some claim that it is just as effective and longstanding as other fillers, but the key question that is not answered or proven scientifically, is if it is as good as, or any better than, FDA approved and proven fillers like Perlane, Restylane or Juvederm. The results are variable and unpredictable. There is, however, greater potential complications and more expense using PRP. Some patients have a longer potential recovery with more extensive bruising and swelling.

While there may be some temporary plumping and filling initially, it is categorically not a facelift. It cannot sculpt or lift the lower face, neck and jaw line like a well performed face/neck lift does.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Platelet Rich Plasma versus fillers.

+2

Platelet rich plasma is a relatively new technique which uses  ones own blood product to improve skin quality.  It  is less predictable in its ability to fill or add volume than fillers such as perlane.  It is effective improving skin texture and tone and can be used in conjunction with fillers and laser resurfacing.  I have found it to be a great add on product to laser resufacing procedures for acne scars and periorbital rejuvination.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vampire face fillers

+1

Regenplasma is a heavily promoted, trademarked franchised injection that injects your blood plasma into your skin to fill wrinkles and depressions. Research has not shown it to effective as a skin filler. It is not on the FDA approved drug list as of June 2012.

The other fillers you mention are FDA approved lab manufactured hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in our joints. They are proved to fill lines and wrinkles for about 6-9 months; in some people results last years.

Regenplasma results are claimed to be 'immediate.' That means nothing. Injecting water into your skin has an immediate result but it doesn't last.

From an investment point of view, the purpose of Regenplasma is to make money for doctors by promoting something new. Whether or not it works - time will tell. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1

No, not even close.  PRP injected is still not entirely proven for long term results and clearly would not be as reliable as a proven , stable off the shelf filler like Perlane that can shape and contour the face as well as increase volume.  This remains largely Hype IMHO.

"Vampire" lift

+1
I hate the name because it does make the plastic surgeon sound like Count Dracula and I do not operate in a cape BUT the procedure is fascinating and extremely promising. Its advantage is that the results, which emerge with time, are long-lasting and do not involve injection of foreign substances. As with every procedure, it must be suitable to the patient's presenting condition and needs. It is performed in several sittings as opposed to a one-stop approach with fillers.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Platelet rich plasma is effective, lacks lumps, and i safe as a filler for the face.

+1

There is a great body of evidence based literature to show that Platelet Rich Plasma injections are safe, effective, and long lasting (Sclafani, et al.,, in particular).  As an original doubter in this procedure, I have become a believer after a 11/2 year experience.  As far as other fillers go, I am not aware of many that are FDA approved except for injection to the nasolabial folds; so, almost all fillers are used off label for facial filling, including Platelet Rich Plasma, Juvederm, Restylane (exception: lips), Radiesse, etc. There is also evidence based literature showing that hyaluronic acids, such as Juvederm and Restylane, increase the effectiveness of the Platelet Rich Plasma Injections, both in wound healing and facial filling.  The combined physician experience with Platelet Rich Plasma extends over 6 years now, so the treatment is not new.  Because the activated plasma diffuses through the tissue when massaged, I have not seen lumps, nor have I seen irregular reabsorption. I am having it done on myself, having avoided fillers up until now. I like the safety profile and the natural looking appearance.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS