Where to Go in Northwest Indiana / Chicagoland Area for Rhinoplasty ?

Researching for years now, Im disappointed w/ bad reviews, bad patient results, needing revision surgery. Marketing & advertising tactics, "before & after" photos that are "models not actual patients" aren't helping either. I've had patients of "highly experienced/rated/recommended/ doctor referred, board certified plastic surgeons" contact me telling me otherwise along with horrific pictures. I would like a surgeon who specializes in that field that does it right,the 1st time. Thank you !

Rhinoplasty surgeon

+2

It is important to find a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty,  and has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries in order to keep the revisions to a minimum. You can still expect 10-15%  revision rate even in the best of hands. The link below is to our  photo gallery of our patients, not models.

Finding the right surgeon for you

+2

Hello,  I'm sure there are a lot of surgeons in your area.  It is always best to read plenty of reviews about the surgeon.  Make sure he is a plastic surgeon, is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.  Make sure he/she has all credentials, also is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the largest plastic surgical society in the world.  Also a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, The Chicago Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the Midwest Association of Plastic Surgeons. Here are a few credentials to look out for.  We are located in the northwest part of Chicago near O'Hare airport.   

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty results will vary

+2

Hello Jane,

While all of us like to think we get perfect results all the time, in truth results will vary across a spectrum.  I have seen bad reviews written by patients on some of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the country. We tend to show good results in our books and on the web. I would ask to see the surgeon's so-so results.  If he or she says they don't have any, I would seek out someone else. Also it has been estimated that revisions nationwide run about 17-20%.  If the surgeon says they never have any, also run the other way. Understand going into the surgery what their policy is on revisional surgery.  Most will waive any professional fee, but there will usually be a facility fee. Finally, there aren't many surgeons in the country who do "hundreds" of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions a year."  A doctor in Chicago who does do a lot of these surgeries is Dr. Dean Toriumi.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your photos you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.You are on the right track,you should see a surgeon with a large experience in rhinoplasty.I would recommend you evaluate carefully the photos that the surgeon utilizes to showcase his/her results.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

+2

There are probably quite a few very capable surgeons available to you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA