Is it possible to have a more narrow or refined nose without looking "too made"? (Photo)

1.) An idea of cost for an ethnic rhinoplasty? 2.) An idea of cost for chin augmentation? 3.) Is it possible to achieve the look i described without any complications that would make my face look awkward? I want it to look natural without looking "too made" I just want to feel pretty. My nose is dominating my face. I wanted to inquire a range of how much a ethnic rhinoplasty and chin augmentation would cost as well as getting opinions of PS professional in seeing if this would be possible?

Is it possible to have a more narrow or refined nose without looking "too made"?

+2
Your bridge, tip and alar base can all be narrowed.  A chin implant can be performed as well.  The result in a rhinoplasty should always be natural, but this is surgeon dependent.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

+1
Best to seek only IN PERSON examinations. A modified rhinoplasty can be done to achieve a minimally improved appearance... 

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing the nasal bridge line with osteotomies to the nasal bones. An alar plasty would also be required to narrow the wide nostrils. Some minor tip adjustments may also be necessary to balance the tip with the remainder of the nose.
The chin implant procedure involves inserting a Silastic implant through a sub-mental approach  to augment the weak chin profile.
Both procedures can be performed together under one anesthetic with one recovery period.

+1
Dear Hemingway, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1
A rhinoplasty and chin augmentation may be indicated for  you and can be done very natrually but an exam in person is warranted.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1
I perform AA rhinoplasties and there are some distinct differences that need to be accounted for. 

1. The middle nose is usually flat and may need a cartilage graft.

2. The nostrils are wide and usually need to be decreased in size and moved centrally.

3. The tip is round or bulbous and needs refinement.

Cost depends on location and surgeon experience / reputation. I would recommend meeting a few and getting price quotes and a feel for them. Chin implant if needed is an additional fee. I usually charge a nominal add on fee to cover the or time and implant. It's not a huge cost difference.

Cheers,
Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD