I have one club foot and one calf is skinnier than the other. Would a implant fix the problem and match to my other calf?

Hi. I have one club foot and one calf is skinnier than the other. Would a implant fix the problem and match to my other calf? I heard that you can only work with the skin that is there and cannot gurantee a match? Whats your opinion? Thanks

+1

You are right that the goal should be improvement. The relative match is determined to some extent by the amount of disparity and the ability of the tissue to accommodate the implant.

Calf implant for club foot

+1

Thank you for asking about a calf implant to improve the appearance of your affected leg.

1. Matching isn't possible - our bodies are never symmetric.
  2. But significant improvement is likely with your calf implant
  3. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does calf implants - I use measurements and a range of sizers to help patients choose their look.
  4. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Calf Implants for club foot

+1

In my experience a perfect match may not be possible but a definite and very significant improvement can be obtained using calf implants.  The next step is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in calf implants.  This way a physical exam and measurements of the calfs can be done to better determine if one or two implants are needed.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD