What are the options for capsulized breast implant?

I had ruptured breast implants and had to have them replaced last year. Both sides became capsulized and I had another surgery six months after the replacements. That was to remore the scar tissue. Now, three months later one side has capsulized again and is hard as a rock. Are there any options for me?

Capsular contracture

+1
I'm sorry you've had such problems with capsular contracture. Knowing what other options remains depends on what has exactly been done so far. Surgical options to help with capsular contracture can range from simple capsulectomy (surgical removal of capsule), moving your implant to a new pocket or area (either to under the muscle or over), use of acellar dermal matrix/ADM (e.g. Alloderm or Strattice), or a combination of all or some of the above.  Find a surgeon who's experience in breast surgery and I highly recommend a plastic surgeon with experience in the use of ADMs who can help with your next surgery.  I believe that is your best option at this point.  Good luck.

There are options for recurrent capsular contracture

+1
I would expect that your surgeon has already changed the pocket, placing them subpectoral if previously submammary, or creating a neopocket below the capsule.  I have found that ADM (acellular dermal matrix) helps with problematic recurrent contracture, although some plastic surgeons would disagree.  Find a surgeon that is experienced using ADMs and surgical scaffolds and meshes.  If your implant capsule is as hard as a rock I don't believe you will have success with nonsurgical methods.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon