Will my nostrils look symmetrical at all? They look about 5% uneven after removing the cast. When will my nose tip go down?

After removing the cast yesterday (6 days post rhinoplasty), the two holes still look about 5% uneven... I am worried it will remain that way. Also, how long will it take for the tip of my nose to go down? It is swollen like a plum :( Thanks!

Six days Post Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
Dear Ngarab, Six days post rhinoplasty it is common to have swelling especially in the tip. The tip area is the last area in the nose for the swelling to dissipate. I would not be to over concerned with the slight asymmetry of the nostrils you see at this point and would allow further recovery time. After some further recovery if the asymmetry is still apparent then I would advise that you see your surgeon and review your preoperative photographs and discuss your concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nasal swelling 6 days post op?

+1
Dear ng,
thank you for your post.  It is very common to have swelling 6 days out. It takes months for most of the swelling to go away.  As far as the nostrils are concerned, some of this could be swelling, some could be pre-existing, some could be new.  It is impossible to know without pre and post op photos.  
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon