Pain and Discharge After Vaginoplasty

I had Vaginoplasty one week ago today. The doctor said I should be back at work in one week.

I still have a great amount of pain if I am in a sitting position. If I am laying flat, there is far less pain. I also have a pretty strong odor and brown discharge. Is this normal?

The pain is severe enough that I am concerned about functioning at work. To be clear, I had muscle tightening and perinioplasty. I did not have labiaplasty.

Drainage after vaginoplasty

+3

Dark brown discharge is suggestive of liquefying blood and commonly occurs 7-10 days after surgery.

The odor can be the old blood or may be indicative of an early yeast infection which is not at all uncommon in the first week after surgery in prone individuals. This may require treatment.

Pain is not unusual due to muscle spasms.

You may expect a change in the quality and consistency of the drainage at around 3 weeks when the internal stitches dissolve.

In any event, many different techniques are employed and the outcomes may vary so it is extremely important to relay your signs and symptorms to your physician or their nurse.

Vaginoplasty pain

+1

Brown discharge is blood most probably, but it could be infection.

Discharge, increasing pain are signs of infection unless proved otherwise.

You need to be examined. If there is a hematoma large enough to evacuate, it should be evacuated.

If there is infection, then drain and treat with Intravenous antibiotics for few days till the cultures are back and the proper antibiotics are chosen then put on oral antibiotics.