Vaginoplasty or Labiaplasty for Missing Inner Labia?

I have what appears to be no inner lips in my vagina AT ALL. Additionally, if I have a clitoris, I can't find it. I am able to have orgasms just fine, however, I am very uneasy about my appearance. My outer vaginal lips are very large and fleshy. Is vaginoplasty or labiaplasty for my situation or should I just leave things be since it all appears to work just fine? This is a serious question...not a joke or a prank. I am driving myself crazy wondering about this. Thanks.

Vaginoplasty or Labiaplasty? Missing Inner Labia

+1

Great question! Lots of women are unsure about the appearance of their genitals. I recommend that you don't undergo surgery because - as you say - it all appears to work just fine.

There is a wide range of "normal" in the appearance of genitalia. You may find it useful to look at the work of Jamie McCartney, an artist who has put together montages of female genital castings in a sculpture. To find it, put the term "Great Wall of Vagina" into your preferred search engine to find the website - but do this at work, not at home, as naturally the images are not suitable for work!

Furthermore, from what you describe, I don't think that labiaplasty or vaginoplasty would help you. Labiaplasty generally reduces the size of the inner lips, not the outer ones. If you are able to have orgasms just fine then I think any surgery to dehood your clitoris carries significant risks with no clear benefits.

Good luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Labia and clitoris

+1

If you had no surgery, no trauma no circumcision, then you probably have all the parts. Have a consult with your gyn and discuss the anatomy.

Have surgery only if you need it. If you are normal and have normal sex life then NO you do not need surgery.

Questions about anatomy of labia

+1

The vaginal lips are not in the vagina they are outside of it. There seems to be much confusion about the anatomy of the female external genitalia. I have prepared a VIDEO below which may help you identify the anatomy. IF you still have questions, I would certainly seek a consultation with your personal physician.

Labiaplasty may help with your missing inner labia

+1

Based on your description, you may actually have enlarged labia minora with an enlarged clitoral hood, which obscures your clitoris. Labiaplasty can treat both of these problems. This is outpatient surgery that provides a high degree of patient satisfaction. This is not a medical opinion, since no advice can be given without an examination. Your next step is to be examined to help you determine your options.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon