Vaginal Rejuvenation Whats Better Laser or Cutting and Stitches?

I am looking to have vaginal rejuvenation done, solely to regain tightness. I am satisfied with the look of my vagina, however the opening and inner parts of my vagina, I would like to be like when I first had sex. My question is what works better having this operation with a laser or by actual cutting and stitches, I have seen doctors doing both and I am wondering what gives the best result to be as tight as the first time I had sex?

What is the best way to tighten a vagina?

+1
At the present time, the vagina can be tightened in three ways:

1. Muscle Exercises: Kegel exercises. These can be supplemented by weights, biofeedback technologies, and the help of specially trained physical therapists. If the muscles are damaged, muscle exercises might not work very well.

2. Vaginal Rejuvenation, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginoplasty: Surgical tightening of the vaginal muscles and removal of stretched out vaginal skin. This encompasses perineoplasty, colpoperineoplasty, colporrhaphy and other procedures that involve trimming and suturing. These operations require surgical dissection (precise incisions). These incisions are sometimes made with stainless steel scalpels, electrosurgical scalpels, radiosurgical scalpels, or laser scalpels (laser vaginal rejuvenation). Vaginoplasty is the current gold standard for vaginal tightening.

3. Laser Vaginal Tightening (LVT): Nonsurgical tightening of the skin of the vaginal canal using lasers similar to those used for facial skin peels. These utilize a special probe that's inserted into the vagina. No anesthesia is needed. These procedures include the IntimaLase, the Femilift, and the MonaLisa Touch. Their appeal is convenience and cost - they're quick and easy. However, the results are only temporary because the real cause of the loose vagina is the loose muscles beneath the skin. Once the skin stretches out after a few rounds of sex, you're back where you started.

Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

Vaginal Rejuvenation: Laser vs Surgical Tightening

+1

Both are popular techniques but by far the most controversial and questionable procedure even among gynecologists  is laser tightening procedures. An internet search will alert you to this quickly. Excision and  tightening of the underlying muscle wall is the most direct and secure way to do this. Whether or not it will be "as tight as the first time you had sex" is a different matter and depends on many factors including emotionally how "turned on" you are, muscle tone, etc. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS