Will Vaginal Rejuvenation Help my Prolapsed Uterus Which is Hanging into my Vagina?

I'm 54 and do pilates regularly also kegel exercises but I still have a daily problem with my uterus hanging into my vagina. This just started happening tjhis year. Can vaginal rejuvenation help?

Vaginal Rejuvenation Will Not Correct Prolapsed Uterus

+2

Vaginal Rejuvenation Will Not Help Your Prolapsed Uterus into your vagina. You need to see an OB/GYN  specialist for that problem. Vaginal rejuvenation is to tighten the circumference and correct stretched or torn muscles but does not correct uterine problems.

Vaginal Rejuvenation, Uterine Prolapse, Pelvic Floor Reconstruction

+1
Uterine prolapse is treated by pelvic floor reconstruction - a variety of procedures which may sometimes include vaginal hysterectomy, anterior and posterior vaginal repairs, and reconstruction of the perineum. While some steps of the posterior vaginal repairs share some features with vaginal rejuvenation, they will have no effect on the prolapse. However, vaginal rejuvenation can certainly be done in conjunction with pelvic floor reconstruction if the surgeon is skilled at both.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

Will vaginal rejuvenation help a prolapsing uterus?

+1
Vaginal rejuvenation will not help with a prolapsing uterus.  For this, you will need to see an ob/gyn physician to discuss your options.  Vaginal rejuvenation is done primarily to tighten the entrance of the vagina and thus create a tighter "fit" for you and your partner.

Vaginal Rejuvenation for Prolapsed Uterus

+1

Hello. Vaginal rejuvenation will not help your prolapsed uterus. To address this issue you need to see your OB/GYN.

Jaime Perez, MD
Labiaplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation and Prolapsed Uterus

+1

Hi Bella, thanks for your question.

Vaginal rejuvenation will not address a prolapsed uterus. I suggest that you ask your primary care doctor to refer you to an experienced gynaecologist to discuss what options you have for treating your prolapse.

Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Uterine Prolapse Repair with Vaginoplasty

+1

Although Vaginal Rejuvination (aka Vaginoplasty) itself doesn't address uterine prolapse, it is not uncommon to have them both repaired at the same time.  This is actually a good idea because then you only have one recovery period, typically 6-8 wks until you are fully functional again in that area.  Other good news is, health insurance will frequently cover some/all of the costs for the uterine prolapse repair.  Hope this helps...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD