Can I Get a Vaginal Rejuvenation if my Cervix is Moved Way Up into my Uterus?

Can I get a vaginal rejuvenation if my cervix is moved way up into my uterus? dr asked me if i had my uterus removed ... will i still be able to get this surgery? will it make me tight? whats the recovery time? can i excercise the next day? or go back to work?

Vaginal Rujuvenation Candidates

+1

Cervical Position should not be a contraindication for vaginal rejuvenation. As Dr. Stanton pointed out, the rejuvenation procedure is mostly surgery to tighten the introitus (opening ) of the vagina. If you have urinary problems or a "rectocele" then these might be a contraindication for surgery. The surgery wil make you "tighter", but over time the tissue can stretch again. Sometimes patients need a "touch-up" tightening procedure about 6 months after the primary surgery. You should take at least a week off from work and be prepared to take several weeks off from strenuous exercise.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Web reference: http://www.ClevelandPlasticSurgery.com

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation

+1

Yes you should still be able to undergo Vaginal Rejuvenation even though cervix is high.  Typically the main reason patients seek and undergo vaginal rejuvenation is to "tighten" the vaginal opening and the vaginal vault, so yes indeed this is a primary objective and result of the surgery.  Although you will be back on your feet the next day you will have significant soreness and local discomfort for the first week - for this reason you should plan to take off of work for about a wk.  Your activities are limited to "light duty" for 2 -3 weeks and gradually progressing from there depending upon pain and soreness.  Sexual activity is typically prohibited for nearly six weeks.  best of luck...RAS 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.