Vaginal Plasty To Increase Sex Drive?

I have been concerned with my bedroom activities for some time now because I am getting older approaching 40 and my spouse and I avoid each other because it doesn't feel as good as it used to. I feel loose and I really can't feel my husband anymore and have hard time reaching orgasm. My spouse also have a hard time reaching his because he feels that I don't feel as tight as I used to. I try to exercise every chance I get but it really doesn't help. Vaginal plasty something I should consider?

Surgery to boost sex drive?

+2

Yes, I have heard many questions like yours. As a woman and as a woman plastic surgeon I often hear about women's "private" issues including the sexual ones.    After children, when exhausted, or stressed, women and mothers often complain of less sexual enjoyment for many reasons.

Many things can help this including rest, improved communication with your spouse and even a little time to rest and breathe. And of course there is a physical component.  Size and changes after childbirth can "change things" 

It is reasonable to consider vaginoplasty if this is a concern.  It is not simply in your mind. See your gynecologist or your plastic surgeon.  Talk to your husband or partner.  Take time to communicate, and take time for yourself.

Dr. Persons

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and sex

+1

Labiaplasty surgery and vaginal rejuvenation can work alongside emotional and psychological factors to improve your intimate life.  Start with a full examination to determine your particular surgical needs. Raffy Karamanoukian, MD Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Vaginal Plasty To Increase Sex Drive?

+1

HI monroe12,

Sex drive is an enormously complex combination of, generally, physical and emotional issues.  You cannot make an assumption based on appearance alone as to what someone's sex drive is.  How you feel about yourself, your partner(s), your level of general exhaustion and stress, and specifics of your physical appearance all contribute to this.  While a surgical procedure is unlikely to provide a complete reversal of problems in all of these areas, improving your physical appearance - whether in this part of your body or any other - improves your self-esteem and confidence, and can lead to improvement in many areas of your life.  To that end, I would advise a consultation (or several) with board-certified surgeons.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Vaginoplasty can increase sexual experience but not necessarily sex drive.

+1

Vaginoplasty can possibly increase your  sexual experience but not necessarily your sex drive. A physical exam by your gynecologist and/or plastic surgeon that specializes in this procedure followed by a candid discussion will determine if surgery is the best option for you vs sex therapy or other suggestions. Your concern is a common one, you are not alone and wanting to do something about it is healthy. Take the next step

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Vaginal plasty to increase sex drive?

+1

Great question monroe12. I recommend that you and your partner consider seeing a sexual therapist - while there are many surgical techniques offered that claim to increase sexual pleasure there is limited evidence that they are effective and they do carry risks of significant complications.

Your primary care doctor or gynaecologist may be able to recommend a great person to see locally, or perhaps a friend or web recommendation may point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal surgery

+1

Based on the information given, I would consult with my GYN Doctor regarding this procedure. Best of luck to you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation

+1

To be honest, vaginoplasty cannot set back your emotions and feelings, but if you consider that operation can help you, than please arrange a consultation nearby you. We cannot say anything to you without examination. Take care

Alper Tuncel, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal rejuvination, female genital aestheitc laser

+1

Yes there are solutions.  Be creative in the bedroom.  Pick up a copy of 50 shades of grey and read it to each other.  That may help.  If you are considering a procedure try the PSD Pulse Shape Design laser for female genital aesthetic alterations.  This is a wonderful device.  You will need to find a physician who offers this service.  

Don't forget to get the book!

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon