Vaginal Area Turned Black After Abdominal Laser Lipo

My vaginal area turned black after laser lipolysis. Is this normal?

Why Does My Vagina Look Like An Eggplant?

+1

Liposuction, while it doesn't break large vessels, very often injures capillaries.  Also, because the mons pubis and external labia of the vagina are dependent, and since all the post liposuction girdles are open in this area, therefore exerting no pressure, for all of these reasons, the genital area tends to get significantly bruised and swollen after abdominal liposuction.  

One of my female patients, after liposuction of the abdomen, called me and told me her genital area looked like an EGGPLANT, so as you can see, this is very common and it normally clears in about 10 days.  DMSO sprayed on this area, but not into the vagina, can hasten the resolution of the bruising in the tissue, and therefore get rid of the black vaginal area faster.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of abdomen

+1

This is very normal and may be frightening when it occurs but nothing to worry about. Should go away within a month! Men get swelling and black and blue of their penis and testicles and women of their labia and mons area.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal labial bruising after liposuction

+1

It is very common after liposuction to develop brusing in the labia for women and the scrotum for men. I mention this to my patients before the surgery so they're not alarmed should they notice it. It may take three weeks or more to go away, but often less. If there is any unusual symptom of soreness or hardness in the dark area, then see your physician for an evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bruising of Vaginal Opening after Liposuction

+1

Most likely what you are seeing is bruising discoloration (ecchymosis in Medicalese) of the labia.

Since that skin is very thin any bruising in the abdominal wall above which makes its way inferiorly shows up as a bluish discoloration. If in doubt you should be seen by your surgeon to verify that this is the case.