Vagina Tightening?

Hello, What can been done to tighten the vagina for sexual pleasure? I have one child and have experienced loosening beforw giving birth and even more after childbirth. Approximately how much would the procedure cost and is it something that can be covered by insurance. Thank you so much as this is extremely frustrating and causing issues in my relationship.

Vaginal tightening

+2

The muscles surrounding the lining of the vaginal cavity can stretch and lose tone, especially with childbirth.  This can result in lack of sexual pleasure, urinary leakage, and, sometimes, difficulty with bowel movements.  The surgery is usually routine in which the muscles are tightened and the extra lining is removed.  It is more complicated if it is also done for urinary leakage.   it is done as an outpatient and is not dangerous or very uncomfortable.  Sex can be resumed in six weeks.

Vaginoplasty tightens the vagina

+2

Vaginal Rejuvenation (a.k.a. Vaginoplasty) is performed to reconstruct (more or less tighten) the vaginal vault most typically following vaginal deliver child birth.  The experience of the surgeon is the most important element to achieving a good result. Although there is some merit to Kegal exercises, many patients with laxity after natural vaginal delivery fail to obtain sufficient tightening.  For these patients, vaginoplasty, tightening of the vaginal vault muscles from the introits (opening) up to the cervix is typically the best solution.  The procedure is commonly done on an outpatient basis in about an hour under general anesthesia.  Recovery is gradual but probably the worst for the first 4-5 days until swelling starts to reside then patients feel better each day thereafter.  Sexual activity is usually restricted for about 6 weeks.  In a study I was involved in back in 2009, 87% of vaginoplasty patients were satisfied with their results and had a improved sexual experience.   Typical cost with a reputable surgeon is $6500 and up. Glad to help...      

Ryan Stanton, MD

Vagina Tightening?

+1

A vaginal tightening (vaginoplasty), is usually done after childbirth to tighten the vagina after vaginal delivery.  It is done under general anesthesia and involves removing some of the mucosa, tightening the muscle layer, and reducing the size of the vaginal opening.  Ave cost in our area is $5500 - $6000.

Rigo Mendoza, MD