Vacationing After Rhinoplasty?

Im going on vacation to Florida in a little while and Im about 1 month post op. I wanted to double check that itll be safe to go onto rides, and will mild sun exposure (since its hard to avoid there) be a problem?

Vacationing after rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding his or her post-operative guidelines. I generally advise my patients to limit sun exposure for the first 6 months following surgery. If it is necessary to be in the sun, a high spf sunscreen should be used. A hat can be worn as well to protect you from the sun. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Going on vacation after a rhinopalsty

+1

At one month you should be fine to go on vacation.  Just be careful with sun exposure on the nose and use appropriate SPF protection.  

Rhinoplasty and one month out going on vacation

+1

At one month out from your rhinoplasty, you should be OK to go on vacation. I think that you have to be a bit careful with the nose for a few more weeks.  Best to ask you surgeon.

Sun Exposure and Rides 1 Month After Rhinoplasty

+1

Wearing a hat or at least sunscreen would be advisable.  Going on rides may or may not be a great idea, depending upon the nature of the ride and the potential for jarring (like bumper cars).  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Activity guidelines following rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question. For my patients, I clear them to fly around 7 days after rhinoplasty. They may exercise (running, yoga, weights) around 2 to 2.5 weeks after surgery. Contact sports such as football and basketball should be delayed until around 6-8 weeks after surgery, as the nasal bones take some time to heal after osteotomies. For the first few months, sunscreen application on the open rhinoplasty incision is wise, to keep it from becoming darker in color (hyperpigmented).

At a month, I would think you'd be fine to  ride amusement park rides, as long as you were careful not to bump your nose. You should definitely clear it with your surgeon though! 

Have a great trip,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon