Had Tt 7 Days Ago Without Lipo but Did Have Muscle Repair. What is This Bulge? (photo)

Bulge after tummy tuck

+2

This looks like early swelling.  If the muscles were repaired up at the top of the abdomen the lateral skin can look a little bunched up for a while.  Give it some time and when swelling is gone and you begin exercises (after 6 weeks) you should have a nice result.

What is This Bulge?

+1

Photos are not really adequate. I can't tell if something like this was present on the befores or not--too dark. 

Likeliest possibilities include

1. fluid collection-serum or blood
  2. incomplete muscle repair
  3. break down of muscle repair
  4. muscle repair without enough skin dissection
  5. untreated fat.

An exam is needed to distinguish among the possibilities. All the best. 

Midline bulge after tummy tuck

+1

I think what you're seeing is just the limited area that was undermined in the medial area that hasn't  re-adhered yet down to your abdominal wall. It's so well demarcated that it look to me like you had liposuction that they stopped just short of that "cone" which you can see widen somewhat as you get lower.

I bet at the end of the day this flattens with some time and compression.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Fullness in the abdomen after abdominoplasty might be a seroma.

+1

The pictures are not of sufficient quality to make any sort of diagnosis. Obviously there swelling after abdominoplasty which will take care of itself. A seroma is a small fluid collection it should be drained. Your plastic surgeon will handle this.

Probable seroma of the upper abdomen

+1

If this bulge was not there right after surgery then it is a seroma and needs to be drained by your plastic surgeon. 

Bulge after Tummy Tuck and a What-is-it Mystery

+1

This bulge is very unusual.  I agree with all the other docs answering this.  It is either a retained sponge, fat not removed, failure of muscle repair, fluid collection, of SOMETHING ELSE.  A MYSTERY.  GO SEE YOUR SURGEON.  My Best,  DR C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

+1

I agree you should see your doctor as this does not appear routine.Good Luck. Sometimes fluid can accumulate or you may have popped sutures. An exam is needed for sure.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Bulge post tt

+1

I would agree with the other surgeon who answered this question. I would recommend you see your surgeon promptly as it looks like your repair may have separated or you have a fluid accumulation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Bulge after tummy tuck

+1

Good afternoon!

looking at your photos, the bulge could either be from excess fatty tissue, a fluid collection that needs to be drained, or perhaps failure of your muscle repair.

Whatever the cause, I recommend a visit to your PS as soon as you can.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

+1

If you are seeing that upper abdominal bulge, than the muscle repair was either not done, or opened, or there is fluid collection in that area. Best to see your surgeon ASAP to determine.