Full Tummy Tuck or BBL - if I were to decide with the FTT will I be able to have my back lipo including bra rolls? (photo)

5'2 mom of 3 kids only looking to do one procedure next month. I have a very flat back and would like to get a bbl but I have only done one consultation and was suggested ftt first. Would I be able to achieve a close to a hr glass figure ??? How much should I get injected.. I dont feel confident with the visit and I have been researching for the va or washington area... if I were to decide with the ftt will I b able to have my back lipo including bra rolls??

Tummy Tuck vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

It sounds like your first consult has left with you more questions than answers.  I would recommend a second consult to help clear things up.  If you are trying to decide between tummy tuck or Brazilian Butt Lift, it really is a question of which area bothers you more, the tummy or the butt.  Both are great operations in your case provided that you are completely healthy.

Brazilian Buttlift and Then Tummy Tuck

+2

I would recommend a 5 liter liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and back first with a 1200 cc to 1500 cc transfer to each of your buttocks first.  Then a full tummy tuck could be performed later.  If you do not want fat transfer to your butt, then a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks and back could be performed.  In general, I do not recommend fat transfer to the buttocks at the time of tummy tuck, because it makes recovery very difficult.  You cannot lie on your back because of the buttocks, and you cannot lie on your stomach because of your tummy tuck.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who deals with these issues hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Benefits of an abdominoplasty

+2

It seems that you would benefit the most from an abdominoplasty with contouring liposuction of the flanks and upper back.  An abdminoplasty will flatten your anterior abdomen and give you more of an hour glass contour to your abdomen.  If you want more volume to the buttocks area then fat injection could be considered.  

Can I have a fullTT and BBL with lipo atthe same time?

+2

Your photos are not of the best quality and you didn`t mention your weight. I believe that it may be possible to perform the TT along with lipo and the BBL in one stage but you have to be examined first. You cannot rule out the possible need for a second stage. Ultimately what you want is to achieve a very good result and have it done safely. You also need to have realistic expectations. This can be reviewed with your surgeon. You should not feel compelled to have surgey done by someone whom you are not comfortable with. You should seek consultation with a Bopard Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with the BBL, and one whom you are very comfortable with. Not everyone has extensive experience with the BBL. If it means you have to go out of state to find your surgeon you should consider that. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL and TUMMY TUCK

+2

Based on the pictures posted you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck with some lipo to the abdomen for the best results.

Lipo of the flanks and upper back and fat transfer to the buttocks. To achieve the hour glass body contouring you will need atleast two procedures. Can not do all the above in one sitting, too long of a surgery. 

Tummy tuck or bbl.

+2

Thank you for your photos and your question. The photos aren't terrific and ultimatley you will need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Based upon your photos you look  like you would be  a good cadidate for tummy tuck with liposuction of the frontal and posterior flanks (the love handles all the way around) The back rolls might be softened with liposuction, depending upon the skin tone here. 

Liposuction of the flank above the buttock will likely make the buttock /hips look curvier with or without BBL.

At your current height and weight based on these photos these surgeries could make you more streamlined, perhaps curvier, but they wont make you slender and it is important to have realistic expectations.

It is a good thing to do your research  a good plan wil make sense to both plastic surgeon and patient alike.

best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate, weight loss, tummy tuck

+1

With the liposuction performed during the Brazilian Butt Lift hanging lower abdominal skin can be significantly improve.

If the back fat is suctioned as part of the BBL as well as the hips a significant improvement in contour can be obtained.

The back can be suctioned concomitantly with a FTT

A tummy tuck performed after the BBL suctioning may be less involved.

Many patients have a significant amount of fat withing the abdomen which can not be removed during a tummy tuck.  Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS