Can a V-Y surgery be done to fix a botched labiaplasty?

I had the trim method resulting in lip amputation on one side.
Updated with photos here.

When deficient of labia

+2
reconstruction involves using 'like' tissue around the area (most likely the hood area) to help bolster the deficient area but this is limited by how much excess tissue you have that you can give up.  A V-Y procedure is for different situations.  So if you're concerned, see a local plastic surgeon experienced in labiaplasty (and more then just the trim technique) to see of you have the tissues to allow for reconstruction.

+2
It is difficult to answer this question without seeing photos.  In general, if there is enough tissue remaining, a wide range of revisional procedures can be performed.  Whether or not they can specifically be called a "V-Y surgery" depends partly on how that procedure is being defined - where exactly is the V to Y oriented, how much tissue involved, etc.
Rather than trying to address this with specific named procedures, I would recommend consultations with one or more board-certified surgeons in your area (assuming you're the patient) to see what procedures are most advisable.  Getting several opinions makes sense since there is, rarely, (for this or any other procedure) a single correct answer.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty revision in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in labiaplasty scar revision and repair. A flap reconstruction is often advised for labial amputation resulting from a poorly performed procedure.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Yes, revision of an edge trim labiaplasty can be performed

+1
I have seen in my practice patients whom have undergone edge trim labiaplasty with a poor outcome. If one of both of the labia are amputated, flaps from the clitoral hood may be used to restore the deficient labia. Physicians whom perform large numbers of labiaplasty usually have experience in treating such scar deformities.

Christine Hamori, MD

Can a V-Y fix a botched labiaplasty?

+1
I reconstruct many women who have both trimming and wedge labiaplasties.  The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity.  The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. A V-Y is one technique that may be used. I cannot judge in your case unless I see photos.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, MD