Is a V to Y Lip Augment More Successful if I Have the Size of my Lips enhanced first?

V-Y advancement for lip augmentation

+1
Now that we have very good options for lip fillers, the V-Y operation has really fallen out of favor, due to the scarring, sensitivity, and limited shape change that go along with it.
I'd stick with fillers, unless you have a specific anatomic abnormality of your lip.

+1

Absolutely.  I have performed V to Y advancement flaps on lips for over 20 years and IMHO it's best applied for irregularities in the lip, not for full lip augmentation.  The V to Y advancement flap rolls the red mucosa, of the lip, forward but this is a very thin layer and will only allow more red lip to show.  This procedure does not have the ability to increase the lip volume like Alloderm Lip Implants or fillers can.  I always augment the lips first (I like to use Alloderm Lip Implants and have for over 15 years) and then if still required, perform localised V to Y advancement flaps to correct lip asymmetries.  Be sure that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that you select for your Lip Augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty and lip proportions.

V to Y lip enahncement

+1

A v to Y lip enhancement is not a popular operation. Now with fillers like perlane and restylane, and other products, lip augmentation is fairly straight forward.