V-beam Laser to Treat Redness After Laser Resurfacing?

Hello, 8 weeks ago I had a Micro laser peel (20 microns) and profractional (450 microns ) - Sciton is the brand of the laser - ... I now have the face quite red. I had applied Topicort for 10 days and even though it has improved, redness is still significant. Which procedure would you recommend?

Redness to the face after a microlaser peel

+2

There is always some erythema after a laser peel, but in most cases this should resolve quickly.  The only group where residual redness can be longer than usual are those with very fair skin and rosacea.  Be careful with the Topicort as this is way too strong to use on the face and could in time cause skin thinning and appearance of small capillaries.  8 Weeks out is too long for infection, but may indicate and irritant or contact reaction to a product you are using on your skin.  If all of this has been ruled out gentle treatment of the redness with IPL or BBL may be indicated.   Good luck!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Redness after laser resurfacing

+2

its unusual to be very red 8 weeks after 20 micron microlaserpeel and 450 micron profractional unless the fractional density was pretty tight. if a steroid like topicort did not help enough i would use an IPL. a v beam would work as well but my preference would be an IPL

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Vbeam is a perfect laser to treat redness after laser resurfacing

+2

The Vbeam is a minimal downtime, almost painless laser used to treat any form of skin redness.  I would be great to treat redness after a Sciton microlaser peel.  You might need a second to get even better results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Vbeam after microlaser peel for facial redness

+1

I often recommend the VBEam laser after microlaser peel or fractional co2 laser treatments to reduce the redness.  The Vbeam will require multiple treatments. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Redness after laser resurfacing

+1

Redness after laser resurfacing may be simply a reflection of the healing process but may also represent a reaction to something you are applying to your skin, delayed healing, etc.  If you are concerned about the amount of redness present after your resurfacing procedure, I recommend letting the physician who performed your treatment examine you.  If all else is OK, either VBeam laser or IPL should help to reduce redness.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon