Can I use filler? (Photo)

I am 2.5 months post op. I had an open rhino/septoplasty. There are dents on my alar crease that really really borther me... I like my overall nose shape..but these dents make me really upset... I can't even go out without heavy make up on my nose...please help. Can I use fillers to make them look better and When is the earliest time I can do it? Thanks

One week post op, do I need to start implant displacement exercises?

+1
Might be worth a try but very hard to correct 'dents' with HA fillers. Best to discuss options with your surgeon in person... 

Fillers for contour irregularities in the nose

+1
Fillers are a reasonable non-surgical option for the treatment of contour irregularities after your open rhinoplasty at 2 1/2 months postop. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon to see if he or she agrees. Thank you for sharing you photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Depends

+1
Fillers are expensive and short lived. Also they can be unpredictable in the nose. Not to mention that injections can result in skin necrosis if not done carefully.   I would discuss with your surgeon what options there are for revising these notches with a small cartilage graft before considering fillers.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Filler to touch up Rhinoplasty

+1
Fillers would likely be good option to correct these contour deformities.  See your surgeon and make sure he or she agrees.  Good Luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1
A hyaluronic acid filler would be a good option for the defect you note.  Have your surgeon evaluate and follow his/her advice.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Dents in the nose after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear milkyway87,

• Yes, if carefully placed, fillers can be placed in the nose to smooth over the dents
  • You have to be very careful in this area that the filler does not block the blood supply to the freshly healing nose
  • Talk to your surgeon about it

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Can I use a filler in the nose for a post op deformity?

+1
Generally, it is wise to wait at least 6 months or until the tissue has softened before making any changes to the structure of the nose.  There is still some swelling and stiffness at this point which may change with additional time.  The correction performed now with the swelling may be different once complete healing has occurred.

Fillers have been an excellent adjunct to rhinoplasty surgery and are easy to use with a high predictability and minimal recovery.  Even though the hyaluronic acid fillers are not considered "permanent" , there can be long lasting effects.  Areas with minimal muscle movement seem to hold the correction longer and there appears to be some collagen deposition from the inflammation of the filler material which allows layering over time.

In other words, each time a filler is used in an area, the same volume goes further and lasts longer.

Steven J. Smith, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon