Worried About Deflation in Office Prior to Implant Removal? (photo)

400cc saline implants for 13 years. I am 5' 7", 120 lbs, 43 years old. After babies + breastfeeding, was a 32A. I am ready to be me again, no more fake 32Ds. I don't want more implants. I saw two PS. They advised deflate implants, allow skin to contract before explant. They said the capsules around the implants are thin. I don't want a lift. I don't want scars on my breasts. The PS differed on time between deflation and explant. I am worried about sagging, dents and looking deformed.

How Will the Breasts Look after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Removal of implants with or without deflation is appropriate.  If you had very little tissue before surgery, then you will have little tissue after implant removal.  This breast tissue will likely be loose after 13 years.  However, the tissue can be shaped to some extent or lifted as necessary.  However, the volume will be gone, and the tissue will be thinned out.

Deflating or ruptured breast implants

+1

There are certainly two approaches.  Deflation first, then explantation; or explantation followed by measures to enhance skin retraction.  Both methods work and will yield good results. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Removing implants

+1

I suppose if you want your implants to be removed this was one way to perform the procedure, but why not just take them out all together withotu deflating them first? hard to predict how the breasts will respond in either way.

Concerns about Appearance of Breasts after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

What your plastic surgery consultants have advised is certainly a reasonable way to proceed. Other consultants may advise you to simply have the breast implants removed (without pre-deflation).

Unfortunately,  I do not think that anybody will be able to  provide you with meaningful reassurance about what the breasts will look like when the breast implants are removed and whether the aesthetic outcome of this procedure will be acceptable to you or whether you will consider the breasts to look “deformed”.

Generally speaking what your breasts look like after downsizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.