How do I address pre-mature aging after quitting smoking at 25? (photos)

Hi, I started smoking at 16 and have been on and off since 24. I have quit, but I don't know besides skincare regimen (I work in skincare) how to address the wrinkles in my eyes and the intense smokers wrinkles around my mouth. I miss having a more open eye. What would you recommend? What do I address first? I have wrinkles around my eyes and mouth I would like to address. I understand fully the effects on elasticity, loss of oxygen to the skin, and loss of collogen. Can i help my eyes somehow?

There are a few different options that could help.

+1
I think a combination of treatments could work to help minimize some of the toll that smoking took on your skin. First, BOTOX® can help erase the crow’s feet at the outside corners of your eyes, and laser resurfacing can be beneficial for other fine lines in the eye area. I can’t see the vertical lines around your mouth, normally referred to as smoker’s lines, in your photos, but Sculptra® or an HA filler could help make your laugh lines (the parentheses lines around your mouth) look less pronounced.

Injection Options for Premature Aging

+1
Hi Z.  You are an excellent candidate for several injection procedures.  First the nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth.  Not sure these are related to your smoking, your genetics or your slim build, but it doesn't matter as Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane and/or Radiesse can all help.  A skilled injector will help get rid of these lines using a combination of injections into the folds directly or the cheeks above and outside them.

The "crow's feet", or wrinkles on the sides of the eyes, are easily addressed with Botox or Dysport and finally, the heavy eyelid can be addressed with a chemical browlift, also using Botox or Dysport.  This lifts the brow slightly (1-2 mm) giving the appearance of a more open eye and less tired lid.

For examples of before and after pictures for all of these procedures, please click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD