If I Am 5'3" 105lbs What Size Implant is Best for Me?

I have gone to my PS and he suggested me to get 300cc and moderate plus, but after doing a lot of research I have considered doing 350cc and HP silicone? But I need some suggestions. I like the rounder look but I don't want to look top heavy but I don't want to be disappointed. All of the people I researched said they wish they would have gone bigger... Help! My breasts right now are 12 each so I am a small B. I want to be a small D.

What size implants?

+2

This is a very common question. There are a lot of factors which go into implant selection. This includes the dimensions of your chest and breast, the quality of your skin and breast tissue, as well as your goals. A 350cc HP implant has just about the same diameter as a 275cc Moderate plus, so my guess is that the 350cc HP implant would work, especially if you like a rounder look, However, this is something that really needs to be discussed with your surgeon. Good luck.

Smallest implant Best

+1

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size but you say the cup is a small B and you want to be a small D.  If you are a 32 or 34 then each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 then each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral.  The implant is compressed by the muscle and the projection is determined by muscle not the implant profile.  Also, I would recommend the smallest implant possible to achieve the desired size.  Large implants displace inferior and laterally and require revisions.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

The size of your breast has a lot to do with your body proportion. In our practice we tell our patients that 200-225cc equal one cup size. So if you’re a B cup and want to be D cup you should look in the 400 range. Without seeing you it would be hard to give you more accurate advice. You should try implants on with your normal clothes that would give you a better idea on what you would look like don’t worry too much about the implants size it’s about if you like what you see.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Important factors in choosing Breast Implants

+1

There are several important factors in choosing the type/style and size of breast implants to meet the individual needs of each patient.  For example, the amount and quality of existing breast tissue can determine whether saline or silicone implants are more appropriate. Chest width measurement is also helpful in deremining a correct size for your unique frame. In general, the implants chosen should be wide enough to give good cleavage definition without excess fullness at the sides of your chest.

These and other factors should be reviewed in a complete consultation with a qualified Plastic Surgeon

Michael F. Bohley, MD

+1

We get this question a lot and it is not possible to give a specific answer without a physical examination. The final size depends only partly on the implant. Other factors are the amount and positioning of the natural breast tissue, the elasticity of the skin, the quality of the muscle and the skeletal structure. My preference is to find out what result the patient is after and what her examination shows and then go to the OR with 3-5 different implants. During surgery we  place temporary adjustable implants into the created space and fill them to various volumes until we find what volume in its new home gives the look our patient desires. Then we take out the sizer implant and place the final implant of the correct volume. If the doctor goes to surgery with only one implant, there is a very high likelihood you will not get what you want because the implant behind the muscle looks very different from the implant in your hand. Now, all that said, with your described height and weight either of the implants you mentioned will probably give you a reasonable result, but neither may be the best you can get.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant size

+1

It is difficult to suggest what implant is best for you without an exam.  A baggy test may help for you to nail down the volume if you are between a 300 or 350 at this point.

Breast implant size with high profile and moderate profile silicone or saline breast implants

+1

Choosing a breast implant size really depends on the measurements of your breast during your consultation and other factors such as your desired size, your current size, and the amount of skin laxity or resistance.  I would caution against high profile unless there is a specific width that you are trying to address. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1

At 5'3" and 105 lbs you are very small and any implant would look larger on you. The appropriate implant is the one that makes you happy and not any one else. I like to try sizers with patients with a special bra and a tight shirt. Mentor now has special bra sizing implants that approximate the final result better that just using regular implants. Also chest measurements are important to find the right profile implant. Spend some time with your surgeon or his nurse trying sizers of different profile to see what you like.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon