Uses for Cheek Implants?

I see alot of people asking for cheek implants to restore facial volume, but what about for those looking for a sculpted look. I have a flat face and its not very chubby so I dont want the buccal fat which will likely cause me to age poorly later on. Additionally I have a square jaw so I dont want to look extra wide or even fuller from implants. Any suggestion?

Uses for Cheek Implants?

+1

I have explained the aesthetics of facial beauty for both men and women in my book on the subject.  Shaping the cheeks does depend on gender and what you cheekbones look like currently, which would require a photo for further evaluation.  In general terms more angular or chiseled is a male beauty trait and one that should be avoided on women.

A: The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring FaceLift Can Help Reestablish A More Defined Face

+1

A Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring  FaceLift  can be especially useful for defining and contouring the face without making it appearing bulky or chipmunk-like and without the need for the use of surgically embedded implants.

A vector describes a magnitude and direction of force. Aging skin is characterized by a negative downward and inward vector of sagging. To counter this, surgeons traditionally pulled skin upward and outward--i.e. using a positive vector. The key difference between the outcomes of traditional surgical correction and nonsurgical 3D vectoring, both of which lift upwards and outwards, is the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Lift's additional corrective dimension of ‘forward projection’. This 3D effect is the result of volumizing with the use of injectable agents designed for this purpose, such as Radiesse, Voluma, Restylane SQ, and Stylage XXL.

The technique is predicated upon the fact that the face and portions of the neck differ in their degree of mobility. The region directly in front and behind the ears is a fixed, denser, relatively immobile area, in contrast to the mid-cheek region (hence the greater tendency of this region to sag with the passage of time). These anatomical differences are exploited in the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring FaceLift by making the fixed areas serve as anchoring points for the mobile tissues. 

In determining the positive vectors for the mid to lower face, the tissues that require lifting are identified by pulling the skin directly in front of the ears in a direction perpendicular to the area that requires correction. If the pulling results in lifting of the desired tissue, then the vector has been correctly identified and is then marked in accordance with 3D vectoring protocol. 

Once the proper vectors are marked, the volumizing agents are injected in a series of radiating bands that serve as support struts to the skin and that impart the necessary 3D outward projection--the lift--that distinguishes and defines this nonsurgical approach. The high viscosity and elasticity of the volumizing fillers serves to hold and re-support the overlying tissue and restore the desired more youthful contours.

Although volumizing fillers are reabsorbed over time, they do promote new, native collagen synthesis, which may continue to provide structure, firmness and improved skin quality while continuing to lift tissues. A typical Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Lift of the face takes about fifteen minutes to perform. Bruising and swelling tend to be minimal, and most people can return to work or social activities immediately following treatment.

If, following treatment, further definition is still deemed necessary, the cheeks may then be augmented with volumizing fillers to further enhance and promote a defined appearance.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cheek Augmentation

+1

The usually goal of cheek implant placement is to increase cheek definition and projection. If you do not want or need increased width there are multiple different designs available; sometimes I will carve a custom implant. As long as  the implant size is not excessive, it will not be seen anymore than the normal cheek exposure seen with loss of facial volume  secondary to aging.

Cheek implants

+1

cheek implants, and a variety of shapes such as malar and submalar. They also come in a variety of sizes pending upon the patient's need wishes and desires. The implants can also be placed more medially or laterally depending upon the pertinent anatomy for each individual patient. We usually do not recommend  buckle fat pad removal since that can accentuates the aging process.

Facial sculpting options to create slimmer face

+1

Many options are available to provide a slimmer or sculpted appearance. Buccal fat reduction help reduce excess cheek fat. Alternatively, a silicone cheek implant creates more definition for those with a flatter midface. One option to consider, especially for women for a square jaw, is jaw reduction with Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin. These jaw treatments will slim the jawline in appropriate patients for a more feminine appearance. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgery specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants and uses.

+1

Cheek implants are used for 2 basic reasons. People have flat cheeks or with aging the area below the cheek sinks in and can be filled with a submalar implant.

Sculpted Look From Cheek Implants

+1

There are different styles and sizes of cheek implants. The sculpted look for most people usually means a high and lateral cheek augmentation. For a few others, it may be created by more of a high and central cheek augmentation. You would need to submit pictures and have imaging done to get a better assessment of whether the cheek look you want is obtainable by implants.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Uses of cheek implants

+1

A picture would be helpful to give you more precise advice.  There are different types of cheek implants and some can be used to help restore facial volume and some can help to make the cheek bone more prominent.  A submalar implant is placed lower on the cheek and can help with the volume issue.  A malar implant is placed higher and further to the side to make the cheek bone stand out more.  This type of implant does not address loss of volume. Without seeing you or a picture of you, I can't tell you if you would be a possible candidate for either implant.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon