Can I Be Toned Before a Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I am 5 ft 2 118lbs. I am naturally 130 lbs, i needed to workout extremely hard in order for me to drop so many lbs and to gain muscle. My doctor for my BBL said I needed to gain 15-20 lbs prior to my surgery. My question is can i have a toned muscular butt before my surgery or is it best to have a soft lower body for best results. As you can see from my pictures even after working out with high cardio I carry extra fat on my flanks and overall abdomen. Note my surgery will be in 6 months.

Toning before buttocks augmentation

+1

The problem with your workout plan is not that your butt will be too toned before the surgery but that you might not have enough fat to remove from elsewhere to put in the butt in order to give you the look you desire.  An alternative in this situation would be to use butt implants.  Good luck.

Butt Lift...Do I need to Gain Weight?

+1

Dear Paula2009,  I rarely have said this while on RealSelf but after looking at your photos, I would not recommend any surgery.  You have a very flat and firm tummy with great contours at the hips and  waistline.  If you try to gain weight for a BBL and then lose the weight after your surgery, whatever fullness you gained in your buttocks will be lost.  If you desire fuller buttocks, then your only real choice is to use buttocks implants but that is a whole other story. Before proceeding, meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with buttock enhancement procedures and avoid those with false extra credentials.

Hope this helps.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Can I Be Toned Before a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

I would not advise gaining weight.  You have worked hard to get to your current physique.  You will have to get fat from your abdomen, flanks, upper and lower back, medial and posterolateral thighs and upper arms to get enough fat for the procedure, but it can be done.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You do not seem to have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Another alternative is a Butt Implant, if you understand the surgery and risks and accept these risks

Preparation for

+1

Two points I can advise you on: 1) based on your photos, you clearly do not have near enough fat for Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL), and 2) think for a minute what happens to that fat that you gain prior to the procedure that is then transferred to your buttock during the procedure...when after the procedure you lose weight back down to your baseline/ideal body weight???  Yes unfortunately that is the exact same fat that melts away first and the fastest, thus leaving you with a minimal result.  I have unfortunately seen this scenario way too many times with patients presenting to my office after unsuccessful BBL via this "technique".

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… 

Web reference: HTTP://WW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM