Smile and Chin Asymmetry? (photo)

I was born with smile and chin asymmetry. How to fix it without surgery? i am thinking about lips and chin fillers. How safe are they? What other options do i have?

Radiesse for Chin Asymmetry

+1

If not interested in surgery, then insertion of filler to correct chin asymmetry is a reasonable option.  Radiesse injected onto the bone can correct this.  The lip asymmetry cannot be corrected with fillers, but the fillers can be used to make the lips appear fuller.

Chin and smile asymmetry

+1

good morning Sarah

Thank you for the inquiry and the photos. The asymmetry in your chin could be addressed either with an implant (which I would probably not do but a physical exam would tell me more), or with fillers as you mentioned. The filler material that I'd recommend is Radiesse as it is calcium based and last longer than a lot of other fillers. It is also a little more robust and maintains shape better than other types of fillers. I would avoid Artefill with your first one or two treatments because it is semipermanent and whatever you try at the moment should be temporary or reversible.as for the smile asymmetry in very small amount of Botox on one side, most likely the side is drawn down further, may relax the lower lip and allow your smile to be more symmetrical. That also should be done very conservatively almost to the point where you might say you see no difference, because you can always add more. If you've done too much in the way of Botox in the beginning you'll find yourself stuck with that lip position for about four months. These materials are all safe although the Radiesse when injected close to the bone or close to the surface of the skin can have a small nodule or tenderness associated with it to the touch. You can touch it but you should not be able to see it. I have experienced this myself as I do inject Radiesse into my own chin to add projection and volume. I find it after a few weeks it still feels a little tender to the touch but that is normal as my body is trying to break it down and is adding my own collagen around the material. Might sound scary but it's expected.

I hope that was helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon