My Face Looks Different in the Right and Left Side. My Nose Uneven. Nose is Shifted to the Left Nostril and the Convex? (photo)

All my life I am not satisfied my nose.This is my pictures. Thank you. Julia

Rhinoplasty to improve nasal symmetry

+1

We all have facial asymmetry to some degree. A rhinoplasty can help improve the symmetry of your nose. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with recommendations. Computer imaging software may be used to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Consultation for rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos show several areas of nasal asymmetry.  The first step in evaluating what type of surgery should be done is to consult with one or more rhinoplasty surgeons and review standardized photographs to identify the specific problems with your nose and develop a plan for how to correct them.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open Septorhinoplasty for Uneven Nose

+1

You have some very basic nasal cartilage and bone asymmetry which accounts for your uneven nose and contributes to your facial asymmetry. It is more than just a twisted tip but the whole nasal base is asymmetric. You would need an open septorhinoplasty to straighten everything from the nasal bones outward toward the tip and well as reshape your nose to make it less convex in profile. I would first get some good computer imaging done so you have a realistic understanding of what this type of rhinoplasty can achieve.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Need a consultation for a rhinoplasty

+1

You would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  It is difficult to understand your nasal anatomy with your photographs.  

Rhinoplasty for crooked and asymmetrical nose

+1

Since the nose is the center portion of the face, an asymmetrical nose will make the face look asymmetrical. A rhinoplasty would include medial and lateral osteotomies to straightened the nasal bones, a cartilaginous spreader graft placed on the concave side and shaving down cartilage on the convex side. For examples similar to your own nose, please see our  rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Rhinoplasty to make a more aesthetic looking nose that is more symmetrical.

+1

Rhinoplasty to make a more aesthetic looking nose that is more symmetrical is possible. This should be done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. While the nose is never perfect it can be made much better looking.

Nasal Symmetry and Rhinoplasty Approach

+1

Thank you for your question and the pictures. In all faces, there is a certain degree of asymmetry between sides. This is well-documented in scientific studies and is easily seen if you make a composite photo of your own face using two right or two left sides.  That being said, your nose definitely has some asymmetry which can be corrected. The best approach for this, in my opinion, is an open rhinoplasty.  This allows better control of the structural elements of the nose -- cartilage and bone -- through direct visualization. Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face and nose asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  There is always some asymmetry when we compare the left and right side of our face or body.  Significant asymmetry can be addressed and often corrected.  Your nasal asymmetry can be improved if not completely corrected by either an open or closed rhinoplasty.  I think an open rhinoplasty will provide better control of the structures of your nose.  With regards to the facial asymmetry you will have to decide what is most important for you.  Some of the asymmetry issues are hard to correct because it involves the facial skeleton while others will be easier to address.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

My Face Looks Different in the Right and Left Side. My Nose Uneven. Nose is Shifted to the Left Nostril and the Convex?

+1

The shape of the nose and the asymmetry can be improved with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Crooked Nose

+1

Your problem is actually quite common and can be addressed by a combined Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty to both correct the deviated nasal septum and straighten the external nose, along with any other changes you may wish to the tip and bridge of the nose. An experienced nasal surgeon should be able to fully explain your options and work together with you to create a plan to address your concerns. Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO