Am I an Ideal Mini Laser Lipo Candidate? (photo)

I am 123 lbs 5 ft 2 21 year old woman. I exercise probably four times a week to achieve a curvy hourglass figure. The thing is I naturally have stubborn fat on my abdomen. I can feel my abs that I have worked so hard for when i pinch my tummy. But when i lift my shirt, my abs are not cut and its soft due to the fat i have on my tummy. I do not want to lose any more weight ( since I do many squats to achieve a big butt look). i do not want butt implants just body contour on tummy.

Laser Lipo Combined With A Decreased Percentage Of Body Fat Will Help You Achieve Your Desired Aesthetic

+2

You are indeed a good candidate for laser lipo. I believe careful laser liposuction should be able to thin the layer of subcutaneous fat somewhat that has been obscuring your abdominal definition. It could also give you a sharper delineation of your waist.

However, I believe your ruling further weight loss out of hand is an error on your part. Clearly, you have a very high standard for the kind of aesthetic result you would like to achieve. However, it is also clear that if you weigh 123 lbs and stand only 5'2", you can safely lose another 10lbs, and this should bring you closer to your goal.

The visibility of the abdominal inscriptions is directly related to the percentage of body fat a patient has. Women tend to carry a somewhat higher percentage of body fat than men, and so it is proportionately more difficult for them to achieve a stark definition of the abdominal musculature. Combining laser liposuction with weight loss aimed at decreasing your percentage of body fat will offer you the greatest opportunity to achieve the abdominal aesthetics you desire.

Am I an Ideal Mini Laser Lipo Candidate?

+1

I would recommend liposuction of the abdomen and the flanks to narrow the waist as well.  You could even consider transferring this fat to your buttocks.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

CoolSculpting Complete for stubborn fat on abdomen

+1

Coolsculpting could be the ideal treatment to eliminate areas of stubborn abdominal fat. Most people with unwanted fat or isolated bulges with good skin condition can achieve desired results after CoolSculpting Complete

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction with the micro canulas should help give you the tummy you want.

+1

Tumescent liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas are really what you need to help you get the tummy you want. Many docs who dabble in lipo tend to use the larger canulas and do lipo under gen. anesthesia which can give less than great results with dents and waves. You need to go to someone who uses the micro canulas under local so they can stand you up and really finesse and fine tune your tummy. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I a lipo candidate?

+1

I agree with the other post/response. you have an excellent figure and achieving perfection in terms of a defined 6 pack is very difficult to achieve with females as females have a higher body fat content. I would not recommend liposuction in your situation, diet and exercise will maximize your results. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

You do not need liposuction

+1

I have performed hundreds of SLIM LIPO Laser cases and I am a Palomar trainer to teach other surgeons how to do SLIM LIPO so believe me when I tell you that you do not need liposuction! You have a great figure!

I suggest a high protein diet or hcg diet to get more definition!

You have a very enviable figure so please be proud of yourself!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Please don't do liposuction!

+1

A young patient like yourself recently posted on RS about her liposuction results.  The doctor who did it destroyed her for life with obvious dents and grooves that are irreparable.  The less you need liposuction (like you!), the higher the risk because the procedure is done too close to the skin to avoid these problems.  Not that this hapens to all patients but you need to know that IT CAN HAPPEN and you are better off being happy with what you have!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS