Should I Get Chin Surgery Early for my Labiomental Fold As Im Only 19? (photo)

Im 19 years old and have a small chin with a labiomental fold which doesn't help. Im 6"3 and my face profile doesn't match my body which makes me feel self conscious especially since I have a baby fat on my face still even though I am healthy and fit. My nose is big but I feel this is mainly because of my small chin making it look bigger than it actually is. I was wondering if I should wait until Im 25 until I know my face has fully developed or get it done early?

Chin Surgery Does Not Provide Improvement in the Labiomental Fold

+1

Your face is mature enough to consider any surgical improvements. The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation can make a dramatic change in the balance of many patient's profiles. But the best value in your case is in the chin which can make your nose look bigger than it really is. Your debate is whether your chin augmentation should be done by an implant or an osseous genioplasty. But be aware that no matter how it is done it will not improve the depth of the labiomental fold as that lies above the chin prominence. In many cases of chin augmentation the labiomental fold may actually get a little deeper as the chin is brought forward.

Chin implant and rhinoplasty performed together

+1

A chin implant is composed of Silastic, inserted through small submental approach, and placed on the bone, and can be performed under local anesthesia. They come in a variety of different sizes and shapes depending upon individual patient's requirements. Placing a chin implant alone will give the illusion that the nose is less projecting, due to augmenting a weak chin profile. Please see the link below for examples of combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice.