Possible Butt Implant with Fat Transfer, Your Thoughts?

So I will be getting butt implant in a couple of months but I have yet to decide if I want fat injections with the butt implants. I want a nice bubble butt and a very small waist so I was hoping to gain 5 lbs. Get the butt implant and have the doctor lipo my body and transfer the fat on top of the implants just to contour my butt. Or should i get the butt implants first wait six months then get fat transfer. thank you

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Butt implants

+1

Dear Paula, Your decision  to get butt implants as oppose to fat injection is wise, because implants last for many years where as fat injection last 6-12 months. This is based on my observation of many patients who had fat injection's butt augmentation done by other surgeons.  So, fat injection is waste of time, money  and mostly diappointing for not acheiving the goal. You can have the contouring liposuction done at the same time or at a different setting. Myself, I would recommend to split the two procedures for better results and safety. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience in butt implants surgery. Check the before and after to make sure that you like the before and after results. Best of luck, Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you have a reasonable amount of fat, you can get a very dramatic improvement with liposuction and fat transfer alone.  Buttock implants I reserve for patients who truly are too thin (like 5'4" 110 or fewer lbs.)  Implants have a much higher complication profile, and, if you getting liposuction, the Brazilian buttlift is the logical choice.  I see patients after a year including models and butt models who need it for their work, and the results are permanent.   

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  You do not want to have to do the procedure again.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Combining Buttock implants and fat transfer

+1

I personally do not combine fat transfer with buttock implants because there is an increased risk of the fat dying and/or getting infected.  The fat needs to be injected into the gluteus muscles for optimum survival but this cannot be done (accurately) when there is an implant in the muscle.  Thus the fat gets either injected into the subcutaneous fat and/or the implants, both which can lead to fat necrosis (death) and thus infection.  Glad to help...

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM

Fat injection vs buttock implants

+1

Fat injections for buttock augmentation work best when only a small enhancement is expected.  Implants are more reliable.  Have the implants first (make sure your surgeon knows how big you want to be: there are a lot of different implants available) and see where you are.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.