Does bridge narrowing affect the distance between the eyes?

My bridge is wider than ideal, but at the same time, my eyes are quite close-set. If my bridge is narrowed during rhinoplasty, will my eyes appear to be even closer together? I'm worried that I may look abnormal in that case.

+1

The bridge can be narrowed, but the distance between your eyes should remain unchanged.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Will Bridge Narrowing Decrease Distance Between Eyes?

+1

The distance between your eyes will not decrease. You should improve the the appearance of your entire nasal-orbital complex.

Will narrowing of the nasal bridge make the eyes appear to be closer together?

+1

Narrowing of the nasal bridge definitely will not move the eyes closer together and should not make them appear to be closer together. I have certainly never found this to be the case.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty should not narrow the distance between the eyes.

+1

Thank you for your question. The distance between your eyes is determined by the attachments of the medial canthal tendon to the Nasoorbitalethmoid bone which is not narrowed during rhinoplasty. The portions of the nasal bone which are narrowed during rhinoplasty R above the attachment of the medial canthal tendon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS