Bone-like and Sore Bump on Upper Bridge of Nose After Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

I had Septorhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and since they removed the cast there's been a hard bump that feels like bone on the upper bridge of my nose that I didn't have before. It's sore when I lightly press on it as is the area around it. I know I need to be patient with the swelling, but this feels like something else since it's so hard and it hasn't changed in size. I did mention this to the surgeon and he said it could be from the cast and that it's too soon to make judgements.

Hard bump over the nasal bridge 2 weeks following rhinoseptoplasty.

+1

At this point your surgeon is correct in saying it is too early to make any definitive judgements.  Allow several months to pass and stay in touch with your surgeon as he is the best qualified to determine what the bump is.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump at 2 Weeks Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Bumps at two weeks after rhinoplasty are the rule.  Swelling plays more of a factor in the early results than many patients realize.  You should wait at least 6 months before considering the bump permanent.