Blepharoplasty, brow lift, or both? (Photo)

I am 35; I think my crease is too low, maybe my brows are too low, there is extra skin. I want more space between my lashes & crease, but not too dramatic. Can a new, higher, & permanent crease be made, as well as excess skin removed? Do I need a brow lift or can I wait on that? I have controlled hypothyroidism. The prominence of my eyes has been examined medically & aren't due to hyperthyroidism, just natural for me. In 2011I had cartilage spacer grafts to raise my lower lids to fix dry eyes.

Blepharoplasty, brow lift or both?

+2
Thanks for the photos, it looks like you can benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty. Combining it with a brow lift may not likely add much. But ultimately, you should seek a consultation with a surgeon who is experienced in eyelid and brow surgery to give you a recommendation after a thorough exam 
Good luck.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty without brow lift

+2
Upper blepharoplasty alone should give you the results you desire. Brow lift at this time is not going to significant additional improvement.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, brow lift, or both?

+2
With your medical/surgical history I would opt for only a upper lid blepharoplasty. You have a very long forehead so a brow lift could give a longer appearance. Maybe try BOTOX to elevate the lateral brows... 

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty may help the most.

+2
From the photos your brow looks pretty good.  During an exam the surgeon can elevate the outer corner of the eye and you can decide if you would like it a little higher.  You have extra skin of the upper lid which can be removed.  Your crease looks pretty good.  It will look better once you don't have the extra skin on top of it and it is reinforced with the surgery.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, brow lift, or both?

+2
Put your fingers on your forhead and push up until the brows are where you want them. If that gives the upper lid look you like, then do the brow lift. If you like the current brow position, do the upper lid skin. The creases are normal.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Killing 2 birds with mini Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift.

+2
This is what u r describing which we developed 35 tears ago. If properly done the only negative is temporary numbness of the frontal scalp. I have never had a noticeable scar in thousands of these surgeries but it is possible but extremely unlikely. You will not need your upper lids done!

Browlift versus upper eyelid surgery

+2
The  Photo presented, you can get by doing just upper eyelid surgery. The level of your eyebrows are only slightly low, so that would only be optional. Also important not to take any muscle strip on the upper lids to prevent any further dryness of your eyes. Dryness will still be a potential complication that can occur.

Blepharoplasty, brow lift, or both?

+2
You need to be evaluated so that you can see different elevations of your brow, you may not like them too high.   You appear to need an upper eyelidplasty.   Best of luck.

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, brow lift, or both?

+2
It is possible that a browlift alone could create a natural looking improvement in both your eyebrows and upper eyelids. This could also slightly lower your hairline at the same time which would create more balance between your upper, middle and lower face. It is possible that you might also benefit from an upper blepharoplasty but an in person consultation would be required to determine if that would be recommended. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty, brow lift or both?

+2
An exam of you would supply the most information to be able to give you the best advice.  It is possible that a brow lift or an upper blepharoplasty or both could all give you improvement.  Evaluating you in person would allow me to show you how your eyebrows would look in a higher position and how this would affect your upper eyelids.  It is possible that with just raising the eyebrows that you may be satisfied with how your upper eyelids appear.  If so, then just the brow lift may be all you need.  If there is still an issue with the upper eyelids with your brows higher, then you may also need the upper eyelid procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon