After 8 Months my Tip is Still Swollen, How Long Will It Take to Soften? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty November (2011) and 8 months later my nose is still swollen and I am not seeing the benefits of the procedure. Right side is noticeably more swollen than left, making it look crooked. How long will it take to get back to normal or is this how it's going to always look?

After 8 months you should see the benefits of Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

I don't think this is swelling at this stage. It will be helpful to get the operative notes to review what was done in your sugery, but examination will also reveal a lot.

It seems that you have lost projection of the nasal tip, which gives a "bulbus" appearance that may look swollen. There is asymmetry which may be related to uneven surgery or scarring.

It seems that revision surgery with cartilage grafting to the tip will be helpful.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon