Am I a Good Candidate for Snap-on Smile? (photo)

I have 1 missing upper canine which never grew because the dentist removed it when I was 13 from the roots. I'm 41. This caused my teeth to be a little off-centered. In some shots it looks straight and in some, it doesn't. I've been to numerous consultations and many told me to get braces but they would need to remove a tooth, which I don't want to lose as my face already looks asymmetrical from lack of canine. They also don't think I need veneers as they told me the shape is good. Advice?

SNAP-ON-SMILE is a Great Temporary Solution but...

+1

The photo presented shows a beautiful smile with minor imperfections in  teeth and facial asymmetries.  Snap-On-Smile is usually a fine temporary solution but I do not think you would be happy with the outcome in your particular case.  A more detailed evaluation with additional full face and close up photos would be necessary to properly evaluate your case.  I would recommend orthodontics but not if it involves extracting any more teeth.  You might have to live with your imperfect yet beautiful smile.  Good luck and keep us posted.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Snap o smile works as temporary solution

+1

snap o smile can work as temporary solution while changing your teeth with braces,vaneers and crowns will be permanent and longlasting. You need to find cosmetic dentist with experience with working with other specialists to get your desired result. You might find it helpful if you can write the changes you want in your smile.

Adnan Saleem, DMD
Frisco Cosmetic Dentist

Good Candidate for Snap On Smile

+1

It's hard to tell from your photo. In it, your teeth look pretty nice and white. In my experience, Snap On Smiles only make a significant difference in people with very dark, crooked, mis-shaped and missing teeth. The esthetic capabilities of Snap On Smiles is very limited.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Snap on smile?

+1

the snap on smile maybe a good option but my personal feeling is do something permanent you will get very tired of taking it on and off. I suggest 8 veneers  or crowns from #4-#12 but please have your dentist do a diagnostic wax up or computer mock up before agreeing on treatment to make sure you will be happy with the results good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

SNAP ON SMILE? MAYBE YOUR'S IS BETTER?

+1

Your smile looks pretty good in that picture.  I can definitely see the asymmetry but most people won't notice it at all.  Tom Cruise has a similar asymmetry to the left and he does OK.  Ronald Reagan had a missing left cuspid with asymmetry to the left also.   If you do get braces ii might help the asymmetry some but I would try to avoid taking out another tooth and learn to tolerate a little asymmetry.  

Clark L. Jones, DDS, MSD
Phoenix Orthodontist