US Doctors Skilled or Training for Macrolane Breast Injections?

Are there any doctors skilled or being trained to perform Macrolane breast injections in the USA right now? Any info at all will be helpful? Thanks!

Macrolane is not available in US

+2

The FDA has not approved the use of Macrolane in people in the US yet.

It will likely be a few years before you're able to seek Macrolane for breast augmentation in the United States

Macrolane not yet available in the US

+1

Macrolane developed in Sweden is a form of dermal filler similar to Hylaform used for breast augmentation. The product is available in the UK and Europe, though there are no trials yet in the US. We too are waiting. I do not think it will replace breast implants, though for some it may be attractive.

peterejohnsonmd

Macrolane Breast Injections not available in the US

+1

Macrolane breast enhancement injections are not available in the US because the FDA studies have not even started, they are not sold in US (Q-med is the company in Europe). There will be doctors doing these injections as off label use in US but I wonder where they are getting the product. Also, one must be aware that in my opinion ONLY Plastic Surgeons who have done many breast implants operations should be injectors. Call Plastic surgeon offices every 6 months to see the status.

Macrolane for breast augmentation is experimental.

+1

Hi.

1) Clinical trials for Macrolane breast injections have not even started in the US, if they ever do. So even if they turn out to be safe and effective, availability is years away.

2) I have been a breast implant investigator, and I must say I am really skeptical of this. I completely understand your hope of avoiding surgery. But today breast implants are the only proven method of making larger, more attractive breasts.,

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Macrolane

+1

Macrolane is not available in the US as far as I know. I do not know of any US studies going on at present with this product.

Not currrently in USA or Canada

+1

Macrolane, manufactured by Q-med of Sweden is not apporved by the FDA for use in the USA. Q-med also makes Restylane and Perlane which are USA-FDA apporved. It is likely that Q-med will seek USA distributuion.

There are no current clinical trials of Macrolane at ClinicalTrials.gov.

It is unknown how long FDA approval would take. It would not be unduly long since Restylane and Perlane are known to the FDA.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon