Breast Augmentation, Should I Look For A Different Surgeon, or Go With Their Recommendation?

I have decided to choose a low profile implant 250 cc diameter 12.3. I have a broad base, and would like a natural look, so voted against High profile. My surgeon called me to say his supplier is dicontinuing low profile, and the only available is high profile diameter 11 ( too small for me) or low profile 220 cc diameter 12.1. I am an A, I worry the size will not take me to atleast a big B small C. Pls advice, thank you!

Breast augmentation

+2

This does not make sense.  All sizes and profiles are widely available.  You should discuss this further with your surgeon, or seek another opinion.

Implant manfacturers "discounting" certain profiles

+2

I agree this is an odd comment to make. I certainly cannot speak for the implant manufacturers but in the 16 years I have been in practice I have never seen this to be the case. I don't think you could go wrong with a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Supply problems

+2

This sounds a little odd.  Neither Allergan nor Mentor have had any supply problems that I'm aware of.  You should be able to get the implant you want here in the US, without any particular supply issues.  Bit of a red flag there, I'd say.

Second opinion

+2

These are difficult questions to answer without photos but my first question would be is who is the supplier because that doesn't sound right.  In general if you have a broad breast base, a 220cc implant is not going to get you very far.  If you have thought about getting a second opinion (which you have) the it's always better to get one so you don't second guess yourself later

Web reference: http://www.breastsurgeryindianapolis.com/

Selecting Breast Implant/Profile?

+1

Something doesn't make sense here;  you should have all breast implant sizes/profiles available to you. I would suggest that you clarify with your plastic surgeon and/or seek additional consultations if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

+1

I agree that things kinda don't make sense.....The size seems too small for what you want to achieve and the supplier story seems strange too...I would try for one more opinion.....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon