I Had a Urethral Sling a Year Ago. Will a Tummy Tuck Damage That Surgery?

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, a tummy tuck stays superficial to the deep part of the pubic bone and typically would not interfere with a Urethral Sling. To be sure you can have a tummy tuck, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck should not damage your sling procedure

+1

Your urethral sling procedure attaches deeper on the pubic bone, well out of harms way from a tummy tuck procedure. Your suspension should be OK.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Tummy tuck has no impact on a urethral sling

+1
An abdominoplasty is performed at and above the level of the abdominal musculature and is nowhere near the location of your urethral sling. A board certified plastic surgeon can explain the anatomy to you at a consultation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck and Urethral Sling?

+1

Thank you for the question. No, the tummy tuck should not interfere with the urethral sling surgical procedure.  The work done on the tummy is at the level of the abdominal wall muscle and above. 

To confirm, please discuss with your previous surgeon.

Best wishes