Upturned Pig-like Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I am a 19 year old white female.I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago and i had my splint removed after 8 days.I had a small bump in my nose that i wanted to remove.The tip of the nose was not wide before the operation and it looked good on front view ,the only problem was the profile i.I asked the doctor only to remove the bump because i didn't want a total change of my nose.Now my nose looks wider and my bridge is flat,it seems like it doesn't fit my face .I look completely different.What can i do?

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At ten days you are still far from your final results and I would advise you to be patient. Rhinoplasty patients will not see the true outcome of their surgery until roughly one year after the initial operation. Any unsatisfactory results can be attributed to swelling at this point.

Jaime Perez, M.D.
Rhinoplasty specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-job-rhinoplasty-7196

Be Patient With Early Rhinoplasty Results

+1

One think all plastic surgeons try their best to do is to explain what to expect after surgery.  Sometimes though, the communications isn't perfect.  In this case your surgeon probably wanted you to know that it takes several months for the swelling to go down and for you skin to remodel to the changes underneath.

I think it is too early to know how things will look.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  He may advise taping to help the swelling.  He may just advice patience.  It is just too early to worry.

10 days post-op and unhappy

+1

Deborah,

It is very early in the recovery to judge the nose. Be patient and allow the swelling to come down. I know this is easier said than done, but it's important. 

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon