How Can I Get an Upturned Nose? (photo)

I want a slightly upturned nose very badly please tell me several options of how i can achieve this is surgery necessary?

How To Get Upturned Nose

+3

Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty can rotate the nasal tip up by using cartilage grafts to create an upturned nose.

However your nasal tip is already rotated up. Leave you nose alone-don't have surgery.

Tip rotation

+1

I have to agree that your tip is probably as upturned as you would want it.  If you rotated it more, people would be forced to look directly into your nostrils. 

Aesthetic goals are very personal so you have to decide what's best for your face, but as a facial plastic surgeon, my opinion is your nose looks pretty nice and wouldn't look better if you made it more "upturned".

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upturned nose

+1

Why?  Your nasal tip is already to high.  The tip is what we call hyper-rotated.  Do you really want people to look directly into your nostrils?  If you came to me, I would probably recommend rotating the tip down.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

NASAL TIP CONTOUR

+1

the nasal tip can be contoured by harnessing the factors which control up-rotation, profile , or any other dimension/relation the patient can envision

my approach is to consult with the patient, assess patient desires vs. structure and realistic expectations, and construct a computer generated model

at that point a decision can be made whether to proceed with a surgical procedure or not

David V. Martini, MD
Elkton Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I get an upturned nose?

+1

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos and must say that your nose is already rotated upward and it will not be aesthetically pleasing to do more rotation. In your case I would not advise surgery. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Upturned Nose

+1

The pictures provided already show a slightly over-rotated tip.  In other words, having a procedure which would lead to a more "upturned nose" would produce an aesthetically unappealing look.  Any attempt to achieve this look would involve shortening the nose and rotating the tip further, which could be equated with a Rhinoplasty disaster.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should you change the shape of your nose?

+1

Many thanks for sending in the photographs of your nose - you actually have a very aesthetic nose and I would not recommend surgery on it at all. This is particularly in relation to wanting it more upturned. This would result in a very unnatural appearance.

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation with male rhinoplasty.

+1

Personally, I do not think you should make your nose any more upturned than it is.  You will regret it.  Your nose is already quite upturned, and although you will easily be able to find a surgeon willing to operate on you, in my humble opinion making your nose even more upturned is a mistake.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Tip Rotation

+1

After reviewing the pictures submitted I don't think it is necessary to turn the nose upward with a male rhinoplasty. The fullness at the top of the lip can be reduced. However, I may agree with you after an examination of your nose. Surgery would be necessary to change your nose.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to rotate the tip of your nose upward.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your profile photo of your "desired after effect" shows an overrotated tip. I cannot discern the difference between the two profile photos you posted. In that regard, it may be best to consult with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon