TumTuck- is It Swelling,abdominal Fat? Hoping my my Tum Would Be Flatter Than This? (photo)

Tummy pretty round even with sucking in. I know it can be swelling but it seems most of the girls with PO pics seem much flatter and not round like me even with the swelling. I'm 5'5 150lb and I feel like I've seen bigger bellied women with much better results than mine. I am wondering if I have some abdominal fat still? PS had a b4 and after pic of someone similar to me with much flatter result. I had double stitch MuscleRepair, hernia repair, 1lb removed. I am 10 lbs overweight. 14 po today.

Flatter Tummy Tuck

+2

Hi,

You had quite a bit of abdominal wall weakness as seen in your before photos. This laxity (muscle/facia weakness) was the major cause of your protrudung abdomen. Your after pictures show a noticeable improvement. Two weeks post-op is too early to see the final result. I think you will see continued improvement in appearance over the next several months.

Good Luck!

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

What is a good tummy tuck result?

+2

At one day, its impossible to tell but from looking at your pre-op photos, you had a challenging tummy to start with.  With your sutures, you should not have to hold your tummy in like you used to.  Your result, even at a day, looks good.  Give it time to heal and if you know there is excessive fat still, revision liposuction can be done to further take down any undesired full areas.  Look at the big picture when you look at your results.  And hold judgment until you have completely healed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Hoping my my Tum Would Be Flatter Than This?

+2

From photos alone it is not possible to guess how much of this is swelling. It does not look like there is much fat in your abdominal wall. If there will be an issue it is more likely a problem in how tight your abdominal muscles were tightened. But nothing looks particularly troublesome in the 2 weeks post op photos. Best wishes. Follow up with your surgeon!

TumTuck- is It Swelling,abdominal Fat? Hoping my my Tum Would Be Flatter Than This?

+2

I agree with other expert posters as you have an excellent early result. Best to discuss with your surgeon the realistic expectations you are going to achieve. 

Tummy tuck healing

+2
I think you have a very good result for 14 days postop. Healing is a process. It takes time and it is much too soon to judge the ultimate outcome.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Abdomen after a Tummy Tuck

+2

I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon for an examination to determine if this is normal swelling or a fluid collection.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Hello

+2

Thank you for the pictures. It does look like you have received great results. You are still swollen and it takes time for that to subside, it takes 6-9 months. Are you wearing a compression garment? That would help; you did have more surgery than just a normal tummy tuck. Give your body time to heal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Good Tummy Tuck result. Round tummy may be fat inside abdomen

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You still have swelling at this stage and you results should improve with time. It is important to understand that there is fat wrapped around your intestines inside your abdomen which can cause the tummy to promote approved after a Tummy Tuck. If this is the case only way loss will make the protrusion less.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Flatter tummy tuck result

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  There are a handful of reasons to have a round abdomen after a tummy tuck including:  seroma, pseudobursa, extra fat on top of the muscle, extra fat under the muscle, and muscle repair not tight enough or not symmetric.  Your plastic surgeon will need to evaluate you and determine which of these it may be and what corrections may be needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post op

+1

You appear to have had significant upper and lower abdominal wall laxity. You also appear flatter after the surgery. Give this more time

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS