Im Upset I Chose 371cc over 397cc Would It Have Been a Big Change?

im upset i chose 371cc over 397cc silicone mod+ would it have been a big change. im 5'2" pre op 34aaa post op ?? 118lbs.

Breast Implants Beverly Hills

+2

When choosing between two sizes I usually recommend picking the bigger size. Problem is once you have a bigger number in your head all you see in the mirror is the bigger number.

Breast Implant Sizes

+1

There is absolutely nothing to be upset about. The difference in size of implants you mentioned are negligible and probably not noticeable as far as the end results of your  breast augmentation are concerned.

In the future if you decide to have revisionary breast surgery performed it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

+1
You are saying that you are upset you are 26 ccs smaller. This is about 6 percent smaller than the larger volume. I don't know how large your breast volume was, but assuming it was 300 ccs you are missing 3 percent. This is not a big difference. The implants usually come in 30 cc increments. This is because we correct breast asymmetries and there, you might need 30 cc more on one side. Your real message is that you wanted to be visibly larger that you ended up. This is a question that we deal with every day. The patient desire one size but a smaller size is a safer choice for them. The breast shape becomes unstable if the size is too big for the anatomical structures that maintain the shape. The only person who can decide what size is appropriate for you is the plastic surgeon who has examined you carefully.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants to small

+1
The difference between those volumes is very small. Review your preop and post op photos carefully. This should show a positive change.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

No it would not

+1

There would not have been a visible difference between the two sizes.  Looking more natural is more important then being a certain cc's; ask your surgeon why he chose the size he/she did.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast Implant Volume Differences

+1

Dear Isababe,

There are very small incremental differences between each successive implant size. This gives woman many options but once you choose an implant that is an appropriate fit for your breast dimensions, then you will have a nice result and should not second guess your decision. It is a very small difference between the 371cc and 397cc implant of less than 2 tablespoons. Enjoy the changes you were seeking and have now achieved.

Sincerely,

Behzad Parva, MD, FACS

Behzad Parva, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

371cc chosen over 397cc breast implants

+1

Do not be upset.  The difference of 26cc is only just barely noticeable, if noticeable at all.  A 7% increase over what you have...that is not much! Enjoy what you have and do not obsess over something that would probably not have made any real difference whatsoever.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Is there a difference between a 371CC implant and a 397CC implant

+1

Dear Isababe, As you have read the difference between  a 371 CC and a 397CC implant is  about  2 tablespoons.   This makes very little visible difference yet patients seem to stress over it. You may ask if it makes no difference, then why are there so many sizes to choose from?  There is variation in width, shape and position of the breast to name a few.  If you put 1 cup of water in a tall narrow  glass, it will look different from 1 cup of water placed in a short wide glass.   If you now add 2 tablespoons of water to each glass, you will not see a big difference. Surgeons consider all of these factors when suggesting an implant size.  Since no 2 bodies are exactly the same, the surgeon needs a large range of implants to work with to achieve the results his/her patients are looking for.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

+1

36 cc difference is not much to be upset about. For a real difference in size you need at least 100 cc differences. 

Breast implant size

+1

Don't think twice about it. The difference is too small to notice. Please relax about this and enjoy your new look.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon