Upper Stomach After Tummy Tuck

I am 7 days post abdominoplasty.I started with a fold/crease along my waistline and a hidden belly button.I now have no loose or sagging skin below my belly button, however I still have a large fold and fat above my belly button. Is this normal? Is it impossible to get a flat tummy since I had folds?

Upper Stomach Post Tummy Tuck

+1

I would need more information to fully answer your questions. Did you have a full abdominoplasty or a "mini"? It sounds like you might have had a mini-abdominoplasty which would not have improved or changed anything above the belly button. A full abdominoplasty would address the upper abdomen and remove or smooth the "fold and fat above" the belly button. Since you are a week post abdominoplasty, I would recommend that you discuss these questions with your surgeon.

Sincerely,

Dr. Bledsoe

A MINI Tummy Tuck will NOT flatten the Tummy ABOVE the Belly Button

+1

Tummy Tucks are NOT the same. A Mini Tummy Tuck is a much smaller operation which ONLY flattens the tummy BELOW the belly button. It does nothing for the skin above the belly button. It sounds like you had this operation rather than a full or standard Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck.