How Long Will Upper Abdomen Be Sore and Swollen After Tummy Tuck?

When does the upper portion of abdominals (above belly button) not swell or be sore? This is happening daily. The area is all around my belly button. When I hold it in with my hands the soreness eases.

Soreness and Swelling normal early after abdominoplasty

+1

It may take 6-8 weeks before the swelling and soreness become a thing of the past.  Continue the use of your binder or garment which well help immensely.  Follow your surgeons instruction.  Over time these issues will pass.

Dr. ES

Pain in upper abdomen following tummy tuck

+1

Generally discomfort in the upper abdomen tends to resolve by 3 weeks after surgery. However, given the relief that you experience with pressure over the area, it may be that you are easing the tension on  the muscle repair. You may be able to achieve the same through the use of Pilates style core strengthening exercises.