No Upper Pole Fulness. How Long Should I Wait for a Redo?

I'm petite,295hp overs,had complications(one incison was3times stiched)he exchanged the implant,2months ago.I'm very dissatisfied.My nipples are way too high.From the first day I had zero upper pole fullness and even if its not bottoming out they are not normal.When coming out of surgery my boobs were never up high like everyone elses.My breasts are sitting too,I have not enough projection and zero upper pole fullness.But I want a round,semi fake look so can I go with bigger(uhp)implants for my redo?

No Upper Pole Fullness. How Long Should I Wait for a Redo?

+2

Thank you for your question. Despite your verbal description, it will require some photos to offer useful advice. There are too many variables that could explain the outcome you describe to be able to respond on the verbal description alone . Please consider posting some current pictures, and pre-ops if available.

As to timing, it is usually best to allow 6 months for the implants to settle before deciding on the best revision option. All the best. 

No upper pole after breast implants?

+2

Hello and thanks for your post. I cannot tell if you're describing true lack of upper pole volume or bottomed out breasts. Photos might be useful. It sounds like you had some complications and perhaps waiting a good 3 to 6 months for healing to be improved might be a good idea. A bigger implant might give better upper pole fullness, but will also increase your breast cup. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Enhancement

+1
Good question, I find that not all have patients have anatomy that allows breast implants of reasonable size to sit high on the chest wall. If you have a low take off of the high point of your breast along with stretchy skin it is almost impossible to get this result without an implant that is unreasoable in size

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Revisionary Breast Augmentation Surgery Best Option?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complications  you have experienced after breast surgery. Based on your description, it sounds like you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery to achieve your goals. Although it is not possible to give you precise advice online, it may be that internal suture “repair” of the breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy)  along with larger or higher profile breast implants may help achieve your goals.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about revisionary breast surgery options.

Redo augmentation?

+1

If your nipples are pointing upwards and cannot be covered by your bra, it would suggest bottoming out.  You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and if he/she refuses to help improve your results, find another doctor who you can trust, who has a good revision policy, and who feels he/she and achieve the result you desire.  In my hands, correcting bottoming out requires wearing a cut out bra 24/7 (yes, that means even when showering) for 6-8 weeks.

Curtis Wong, MD

Unhappy with breast augmentation results

+1
I'm sorry about your unhappiness with the outcome of your surgery and thank you for sharing your concerns. Unfortunately, without the benefit of a face to face examination or photos, it will be very difficult to provide you with sound advice with regard to optimizing your goals. Perhaps a second opinion with a local plastic surgeon is warranted if you have lost confidence in your current surgeon. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

+1

Three months is usually the earliest time point at which breast revision surgery should be performed.  You may want to consider having the implants placed under the muscle and the inferior portion of the pocket revised to give more upper pole fullness.  You can probably increase the size of the implants as well but an exam with specific measurements would be needed.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implants too Low

+1

It sounds like you may have implants which are bottomed out - or lower than your natural breast.  It makes sense that your implants weren't high to begin with since they were over the muscle - implants UNDER the muscle are pushed up high by the muscle before it learns how to relax and let them fall into the pocket.  I think you should wait until you are about 3 months from your surgery so that the swelling has decreased before you have revision surgery.  I think it would be fine to go bigger or ultra high profile, but you may consider going under the muscle as well.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Augmentation

+1

I suggest you post before and after photos of the breast. It will be difficult for a surgeon to comment since there are a number of possiblilties to explain what you are seeing. It could be an implant issue, your basic anatomy or the possible need for a breast lift as well as how the  implant pocket was created at the time of surgery.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

No Upper pole fullness?

+1

Hi Jass,

Thank you for your question.  Photos would help immensly with your description for us to give you good advice.  I am just guessing here but either you have too small in diameter of an implant or your implants are positioned too low.  The first is easily correctable with the appropriately sized implants (base diameter is much more important than cc's or profile) and proper creation/dissection of the implant pocket.  The second is difficult to correct.  If the pockets were dissected too low and the breast crease was violated, re-creating this crease will take a lot of work.  Again, pictures will be beneficial in these discussions.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon